Ibberton, Belchalwell and Woolland Village Hall Governing Rules.
1. The name of the hall shall be called the Ibberton, Belchalwell & Woolland Village Hall.
2. The Ibberton, Belchalwell & Woolland Village Hall is provided for the benefit of all inhabitants of the Parishes of Ibberton, Belchalwell and Woolland, for the purpose of leisure, recreation and educational pursuits, and the other activities in the interest of or for the benefit of the Villages.
3. The management and control of the Hall shall be by a Committee made up of the four Trustees, ex-officials, and another twelve persons, who shall be elected from amongst the residents of the three Parishes. The Committee shall have the power to co-opt up to three other members, who must retire at the next A.G.M. but who will be eligible for election. The Committee shall elect officers from its number at its first meeting following the A.G.M. All Committee members will retire annually at the A.G.M. but will be eligible for re-election.
4. The A.G.M. to be held in February.
5. Committee meetings to be held at such times as are deemed necessary, but at least twice a year. Notice to be circulated by the Secretary.
6. The Committee are empowered to enforce bye-laws (if deemed necessary) not provided for these Rules, and to appoint a sub-committee to regulate generally the proceedings and business of the Hall.
7. No intoxicating liquor shall be introduced into the Hall without the consent of the Committee.
8. Anyone leaving the Hall in a dirty condition will be liable for cleaning charges and wilfully damaging or destroying any property of the Hall shall be expelled and held liable for damage.
9. Any person causing annoyance to other users of the Hall or causing a disturbance shall be expelled from the Hall.
10. No posters or placards may be displayed in the Hall without the consent of the Committee.
11. On a requisition signed by not fewer than six committee members setting forth the subject for consideration, the secretary shall convene a meeting to consider same.
12. The Committee shall set the Hire Charges for the Hall sufficient to cover the costs of running the Hall.
13. Any surplus funds held by the Committee, after expenses have been met, may be used for the upkeep of the Hall and for no other purpose.
14. Ibberton and Belchalwell Village Hall Management Committee is committed to the principle of equal opportunities. This means that the facilities will be made available to be enjoyed by all members of the community regardless of race, sex, age, colour, creed, sexual orientation or physical or mental disability. In addition, the Committee will take active steps to encourage its use by all members of the community, particularly the most disadvantaged.
15. The Committee will not accept bookings from people outside the area of benefit, which includes amplified music or a disco.
16. No smoking, nor spikes or studs to be worn inside the Hall.
17. Users of IT facilities to abide by the Acceptable Use Policy
M. A. Newman, Secretary 25th February, 2008