Ibberton, Belchalwell & Woolland Village Hall Governing Rules.
- The name of the hall shall be called the Ibberton, Belchalwell & Woolland Village Hall.
- Charity Objective: The provision and maintenance of a village hall for the use of the inhabitants of Ibberton, Belchalwell & Woolland without distinction of political, religious or other opinions, including use for:
(a) meetings, lectures and classes, and
(b) other forms of recreation and leisure-time occupation, with the object of improving the conditions of life for the inhabitants.
- The management and control of the Hall shall be by a Committee made up of the three Trustees, ex-officials, and another twelve persons, who shall be elected from amongst the residents of the three Parishes. The Committee shall have the power to co-opt up to three other members, who must retire at the next A.G.M. but who will be eligible for election. The Committee shall elect officers from its number at its first meeting following the A.G.M. All Committee members will retire annually at the A.G.M. but will be eligible for re-election.
- The A.G.M. to be held in February.
- Committee meetings to be held at such times as are deemed necessary, but at least twice a year. Notice to be circulated by the Secretary.
- The Committee are empowered to enforce bye-laws (if deemed necessary) not provided for these Rules, and to appoint a sub-committee to regulate generally the proceedings and business of the Hall.
- The Hall has a licence for the sale of alcohol. The Hirer, is required to complete the Application for a Licensable Activity to take place at an Event form, then either the Local Hiring or Hiring Agreement, paid a corkage fee and read the Standard Conditions of Hire Policy with alcohol before they would then be responsible for the sale, supply or consumption of alcohol in accordance with the Alcohol Licence, and with any restrictions imposed by the Trustees. Without such agreement, the Hirer must not sell or supply alcohol in a manner which would require a licence.
- Anyone leaving the Hall in a dirty condition will be liable for cleaning charges and wilfully damaging or destroying any property of the Hall shall be expelled and held liable for damage.
- Any person causing annoyance to other users of the Hall or causing a disturbance shall be expelled from the Hall.
- No posters or placards may be displayed in the Hall without the consent of the Committee.
- On a requisition signed by not fewer than six committee members setting forth the subject for consideration, the secretary shall convene a meeting to consider same.
- The Committee shall set the Hire Charges for the Hall sufficient to cover the costs of running the Hall.
- Any surplus funds held by the Committee, after expenses have been met, may be used for the upkeep of the Hall and for no other purpose. N.B. No money is kept on the premises.
- Ibberton, Belchalwell & Woolland Village Hall Management Committee is committed to the principle of equal opportunities. This means that the facilities will be made available to be enjoyed by all members of the community regardless of race, sex, age, colour, creed, sexual orientation or physical or mental disability. In addition, the Committee will take active steps to encourage its use by all members of the community, particularly the most disadvantaged.
- No smoking, nor spikes or studs to be worn inside the Hall.
- Users of the Internet connection must abide by the Data Protection Policy including the Wi-Fi Policy.
- The Hirer shall ensure that nothing is done on, or in relation to, the premises in contravention of the law relating to gaming, betting and lotteries, and copyright.
M. A. Newman, Secretary, February 2024